Apply For Rental
- Equal Housing Opportunity
- A separate application is required for each adult in the household.
- Applicants are chosen by most qualified.
- Qualifications considered; credit, income, rental history, some felony convictions, smokers, pets, and length of lease.
- Income needs to gross three times the rent with proof of current income submitted with the application (3 most recent pay stubs, 3-month bank statements, tax returns, voucher, award letter, Job Offer Letter, etc.)
- Applicants need to be 23 years of age or older.
- Any pets that will be in the household must be listed on the application with a picture of the pet attached to the application.
- A credit score of below 650 or no credit score will increase the security deposit.
- Three years of verifiable rental or home ownership history required. Poor rental credit may result in a declined application or double, maybe triple a security deposit.
- Incomplete applications or missing required documentation will not be processed.
- Applications can be transferred to a different available property within a two-month period.
- Welcome Home reserves the right to not process an application until all required documents and information needed is received.
- Effective 2/19/2016 application fees are no longer refundable.
Common Reasons to be Declined:
Another applicant is more qualified
False information on an application
Evictions in the last 10-years
Unpaid child support
Collections from Casinos, Real Estate Companies, or Check Cashing Companies.
Insufficient proof of income
Pets (no aggressive breeds allowed)
Pets must be 18 months or older.
Aggressive breeds are not allowed as pets.
Maximum 2 pets per household upon Owner Approval.
Cats must have proof from a veterinarian of being spayed or neutered.
Extra Security Deposit of $500.00 per pet.
Pet Fee/Rent of $50.00 per pet per month.
Small caged animals one pound or less (Ex: birds) or fish tanks under 10 gallons do not require an extra deposit or pet permit.
Individual properties may have other restrictions, refer to Lease Terms on each listing.
Time is of the Essence:
- Holding Fee, if your application is approved, the home can be removed from the market with receipt of a holding fee which is the same amount as the rent. The holding fee is not refundable unless the lease is signed by all parties within 72 hours. Upon executing of the lease, the holding fee is converted to a refundable security deposit. Paying a holding fee is not required.
- The only way to hold a home is with a signed lease and full payment of the base security deposit. Our office can only hold a home for two weeks.
- An approved applicant has 72 hours to electronically sign a lease and make an electronic deposit once the lease and portal invite is sent out. However, if there are other applications which meet our approval, your time is then reduced to 24 hours to electronically sign a lease and make an electronic deposit once the lease and portal invite is sent out.
- Even if you are approved, an offer to lease may be removed if a more qualified applicant applies and a holding fee has not been paid.
Residential Lease Terms:
- Leases must end in the Spring or Summer months unless advertised differently.
- Lease signings, rent payments, and work order request are all electronic.
- Rents do increase annually and increases are based upon tenancy and market.
- Pets always upon owner approval with additional refundable security deposit of $500 per pet minimum if accepted and a monthly pet fee/rent of $50.00 per pet.
- Pets must be mature (no puppies or kittens). There are breed restrictions.
- Some owners may require pet rent in addition to an extra security deposit and pet fee for pets.
- Some owners may require an extra security deposit and/or rent for roommates. Some owners may not allow roommates.
- Tenants are responsible for all utilities – Sewer & Garbage billed through the management office.
Tenants are responsible for furnace filter changes quarterly, billed at $10.00 per month
Tenants are responsible for landscaping maintenance and irrigation (sprinklers) unless different in lease terms on listing page.
Tenants must abide by HOA CC&R’s and Community Rules. HOA dues are paid by the owner. HOA violation fines resulting from not following the rules are paid by tenant.
Tenants must carry renters or liability insurance. If proof of insurance is not provided prior to move-in, tenants must pay $9.50 for a liability policy.
Unless Market Dictates, an approved applicant must have a lease start date no later than 14 days from the date that the applicant(s) are approved.
Drug-free home (Federal and State Laws enforced).
No Smoking of any kind allowed in homes or on the property.
Equal Housing Opportunity.
- Tenant shall not install any nails, screws or mounts on the walls or any other part of the home without prior written consent. (effective 7/8/2021)
PANDEMIC CHANGE to TERMS:
- Due to Eviction Moratorium’s, Security Deposits are TRIPLE (3x) the Rent if applicant(s) may qualify but do not meet screening requirements.